I’ve come along way with accepting my body as it is. I don’t follow a set of ‘large lady clothing rules”, per say. One should wear what they want, because they want to. Because THEY like it and feel good in it.
But, I’m still mindful of what cuts, fabrics and styles are the most flattering for my body’s shape and how comfortable I’ll be when actually wearing a particular piece.
Being petite, often cuts are “off” on me….meaning, if I find something that fits right in the hips, it’s wayyy too big in the arms and shoulders. So perhaps halters and strapless necklines are the way to go for summer dresses and tops, oh-so flirty, sexy-cute casual look of them …. buuuuuuut have you met my boobs? There’s no way I’m gonna be able to manage a strapless bra for more than a few hours before it becomes unbearably uncomfortable and my entire posture turns into a real life question mark. So finding clothes that make me feel good and actually look good on me that require little to zero alteration can be a tricky – trying to find clothes that are also on trend can be an exceptionally challenging.
You must have notice all the hype around Jumpsuits and Rompers in plus sized fashion these days. Wondering what your thoughts are on them?
Let’s take a look at a few rompers and jumpsuits from the plus-sized fashion retailer sites…to make a better assessment:
Strapless Polka Dot Jumpsuit (AsosCurve, $51)
Ruby Rocks Printed Romper (Simply Be, $54)
Wide-Legged Sleeveless Jumpsuits (eBay, $42 US)
Taupe Drawstring Jumpsuit (Venus, $39)
Floral Open-back Romper (Forever21+, $21) – this model is wearing the 1x size
Abstract Muse Jumpsuit (Forever21+, $27.50) – again, this model is wearing the 1x size – Thoughts?
MY Immediate Thoughts on both Rompers & Jumpsuits:
- Cute! Cute! Cute!
- Buuuuuut….all the images display women whom are barely plus sized. Perhaps most of the above images are 1x models.
- Wonder what it would look like on a 2x and 3x model…would it look just as cute? Things that make you go hummm…
- IF you’ve got a tummy and serious hips and a larger bust … is this trend not meant for you?
- For the Romper…Deep, low v-back……. ummm, how do I keep the ‘girls’ up & happy when wearing this thing?
- What about the dreaded ‘camel toe’ situation – it’s just bound to happen in a onezie …and that just ain’t cute in plus or straight sizes!
- Once all my T&A fills up this one-piece….how short/long will this thing really be on me?
- How does one pee whilst wearing this? … Seems like I’ll have to be completely naked on the pot in order to get business done, seeing as apparently one must be bra-less in order to wear these low-back numbers.
I’m usually a ‘fashion, before function’ kinda girl. Buuuuuut….when it comes to rompers & jumpsuits, they seems like wayyy more trouble than their worth.
As convenient as online shopping options are, when it comes to trendy pieces like rompers and jumpsuits, before I can commit or judge whether it’s a look that I like, look and feel good in…… ultimately, I need to try it on first before I can really say if this trend is for me! And if I do decide to get on this style bandwagon, I definitely don’t wanna be dropping a ton of cash on a piece like this. Again, that’ll all depend on whether I “like” vs. “love” this jumpsuit/romper look on moi!
I’m personally always looking for a flattering fit — regardless of what the trends may be. Not sure if this is one I’ll be following. But, as Marie Denee aka The Curvy Fashionista says: “Don’t Knock it Until You Rock it” – so we shall see if this trend is gonna be a PPMeow! fav this spring/summer! 🙂
Who’s already jumped on this bandwagon? Rompers? Jumpsuits? Where from?
Share friends…use the Comments section … tell us everything! 🙂