Cooking is good for the mind, heart and soul. Especially when shared with others.
My main mission for 2015 is a simple one: Getting and Staying Happy. In order to achieve this lofty goal I applied a START-STOP-CONTINUE approach. And so I’ve decided to START cooking more – using recipes I’ve never tried before and sharing my culinary mis/adventures on the blog once a month.
I’ve even created a sub-menu on my homepage under REVIEWS on the homepage for you – my readers – to find them easily…and hopefully try a few yourself. 🙂
March’s recipe: Easy Chilli
I’m all about one-pot cooking, if I can help it. What’s great about chilli is that you can make a batch and freeze it in the proper portions for those nights when you get home late aren’t in the mood to cook. Plus, a big pot of chilli is perfect for sharing with a bunch of friends on a cold March night in with games and Netflix! Just sayin’…
Ingredients (approx. 4-6 bowls worth):
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large chopped onion
- 2 peppers (red & green for colour)
- 1+ gloves of garlic, chopped (or garlic powder works too, as much as desired)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (more if you like it spicy)
- 3 tablespoons of Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 1 can of mixed beans, rinsed and drained or 1 can black beans, if preferred to keep it fiber-full
What do you think of this recipe? Do you think you’d give it a try yourself? How would you improve or change it for the better? Tell me your thoughts in the comments section below.
Have you LIKE’d the Petite Plus, Meow’s Facebook Page yet?
LIKE. Comment. Share.
One thought on “March: Easy Chilli”