Happy New Year friends!
Hope you rung in 2016 with love in your heart and a smile on your face. 🙂
I’ve been a social butterfly all December long, and for NYE I spent it cozy with my bae Netflix – for a quite me, myself and Irene evening.
❤ ❤ ❤ It. Was. Glorious. ❤ ❤ ❤
As for resolutions … this basically sums it up for me:
I started this fashion & lifestyle blog as a fun outlet to share the things I liked. Over the past two years, the blog’s focus has moved more and more into an “online journal of the life and times of moi” – showcasing What I DID and What I Wore!
Having just celebrated the blog’s 2nd anniversary (yay!) … there are a number of things I want to start introducing into blog content in 2016, I will definitely continue with many more of WID and WIW type-posts in the upcoming year. 😉
There have been some fun, new, winterized outfits in the first 10-days of January, and if you’re following my Instagram channel you’ve caught a glimpse of them.
But for now, let’s take a look back to my favourite looks on the blog from the LAST YEAR!
- Poodle Skirt Perfection – You know how much I love the retro 1950’s look? I had the perfect opportunity to finally wear it … to the opening of Bean and Baker Malt Shop this summer.
2. Sea-side Sun Dress – This was a cheap buy from Old Navy and worn many times from spring through summer. Special thanks to Rebecca Northcott Photography for the photoshoot.
3. Picnic Parasol – This green checked dress was custom-made for moi in Vietnam when I visited in March. It was the perfect outfit for the annual Toronto Vintage Society Picnic.
4. Florals & Stripes – Mixing patterns more bravely was something I did a lot of this past year. THIS was one of my favourite combos from Spring.
5. Hibiscus Wrap Pants – Travelling was a major focus for me last year…and these fab wrap pants were a fashion find in my exploration of Asia – KL, Malaysia to be exact.
6. Peek-a-boo Pencil Pin-up – Found this curve hugging pin-up frock for $15 at one of Tatyana’s super-duper sale events. It was perfect for the White Kitschmas themed TVS Holiday Celebration.
7. FATkini – In the 30-something year’s of my life, 2015 was the year I embraced my bod, buddha belly, thick thighs and all, and wore a bikini bathing suit!!! It was the “most liked” photo on my Instagram and even the lovely GabiFresh commented on it!!!
8. Hello, Yellow – Ah, yes…this yellow skirt ❤ Another custom creation from my travels to Asia – Hoi An, Vietnam. It’s been styled many different ways all last year…and even helped me create a Snow White Lindy Hop Halloween look. Love. This. Skirt.
There you have it! My Favourite Looks from the past year. Which is your favourite? Tell me in the comments section. 🙂
And stay tuned for new blog content all year long!
Have you LIKE’d the Petite Plus, Meow’s Facebook Page yet?
LIKE. Comment. Share.
3 thoughts on “A New Year: Best of PPMeow”
You’re gorgeous Irene! I wish I could have 1/10th the confidence and style that you have! I hope the start of 2016 has been fantastic for you and maybe we can plan a coffee, lunch or cross border shopping date soon. XO
Thank you for being such loyal blog reader and friend Marija. Coffee. Lunch. X-boarder shopping. All of the above should be on the agenda for us together in 2016!! xo
I’m LOVING that idea honey. Let’s chat soon!